Kuddus Solicitors Probate -Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets (Hourly rate)
We anticipate this will take between 15 and 20 hours work at £200 per hour. Total costs estimated at -£3000-£4000 (+VAT).
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you.
This quote is for estates where:
• There is a valid will
• There is no more than one property
• There are no more than 2 bank or building society accounts
• There are no other intangible assets
• There are 2-4 beneficiaries
• There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
• There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
• There are no claims made against the estate
• Probate application fee of £215 (if estate is over £5000)
• Copy Grant of Probate £7 each (this will depend on the number of copies ordered which in turn depends on what assets are held)
• £50 Swearing of the oath (per executor)
• Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
• £70 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
• £30 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Potential additional costs
• If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
• If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £7 each (1 per asset usually).
• Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
What our service includes
• Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
• Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
• Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
• Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
• Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
• Draft a legal oath for you to swear
• Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
• Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
• Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 6-9 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes between 3-4 weeks. However, depending on the workload of the Probate Registry, the timescale to obtain a grant of probate can take up to 12 weeks. We will of course keep you updated. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 6-12weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 4-6 weeks.
Our Probate department consists of Mr Kuddus Ali, Director with over 20 year’s experience. He will be assisted by Mansoor Malik, a qualified solicitor since 2015, and Waqqas Khan, a qualified solicitor since 2009.