Kuddus Solicitors -business to business debt that is undisputed
Stage 1 claims – before issuing court proceedings
Sole Trader – Letter before action – £500 plus VAT
Company – Letter before action – £750 plus VAT
Stage 2 – Court claims
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Debts amount Court Fee Our Fees
Up to £300 £35 £ 250 plus VAT
£301 to £500 £50 £ 300 plus VAT
£501 to £1000 £70 £ 500 plus VAT
£1001 to £1500 £80 £ 750 plus VAT
£1501 to £3000 £115 £ 1500 plus VAT
£3001 to £5000 £205 £ 1800 plus VAT
£5001 to £10000 £455 £ 3000 plus VAT
£10001 to £200000 5% of claim £ 25 % value of the claim
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees or the costs of a process server. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
• The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
• Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
• The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
• Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
• Undertaking appropriate searches
• Sending a letter before action
• Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
• Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
• When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
• If payment is not received within 30 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 4-6 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. If a claim is issued then this can take 3- 6 months depending on the date of a hearing. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve and can take up to a year.
Our Debt Recovery department consists of Wakil Ahmed, a Director and Solicitor-Advocate with over 10 year’s experience. He will be assisted by Mansoor Malik, a qualified solicitor since 2015, and Waqqas Khan, a qualified solicitor since 2009.